There is no need to introduce Gmail when it comes to email services. Over the years Gmail has garnered a huge user base owing to its excellent features. However, the amazing features of Gmail do not make it a trouble-free email service. Issues with Gmail are apparently more common and occur quite frequently. The Gmail not working can lead you to major work loss and needs to be fixed immediately. In this post, some easy-step solutions to fix the Gmail not working issue are described. Keep reading to find the solutions.
Different ways to fix Gmail not working issue
Gmail not working issue can be really frustrating and more than that it can disrupt your daily work. It is therefore very important to fix this issue as soon as possible. The different ways to fix Gmail not working issue are given in detail below.
Solve Gmail not working on Windows
In case you are facing any trouble in using your Gmail while working on Windows, few things you can try are given below:
• Make sure that all the important updates are installed in your system.
• Check the problem is not due to slow internet speed. Data speed should be fair and continuous.
• Make sure that your system is not infected with virus. Run a good antivirus scan to check and remove such harmful threats.
• Sometimes, a third-party application installed in your system can create the Gmail not working issue. Find and temporarily disable any such program.
• Incorrect system date and time can create problem with Gmail. Therefore, the system date and time must be correct.
How to fix Gmail not working on Android?
If the Gmail not working issue is occurring on your Android device, here are the few troubleshooting measures you can take:
• It is recommended to use Gmail app on your Android device downloaded from Google Play Store.
• Always use updated Gmail app.
• Airplane should be turned off in your Android device.
• Restart your device to see if helps with the Gmail not working problem.
• Make sure that tour Gmail account is properly synced with your device.
• Sign in and out of your account to fix the Gmail not working.
• Reinstall the application if no other method works.
Resolve Gmail not working on Mac
Certain things that the users can try to fix the Gmail not working issue on Mac are given below:
• Make sure that the problem is not with the internet connection rather than with your device.
• Temporarily disable any third-party application or software installed in your system for the time you are working on the Gmail.
• Install the important updates into your system from time to time.
• The browser you are using on your Mac to open Gmail should be compatible.
What to do if Gmail stopped working on iPhone?
Many times, the iPhone users are seen complaining about the Gmail not working issues on their device. Basic steps that might help them in resolving this problem is given below:
• First of all, make sure that the Gmail was properly configured on your iPhone. Set Gmail on iPhone using the recommended settings.
• Make sure your device has access to fairly good internet connectivity.
• A simple restart of the device many times fixes this problem without any additional effort. So try that.
• Check for any virus infection in your device and then try using Gmail again.
Fix Gmail not working on browser
Sometimes, it seems that there is no problem with your device, your account or your internet but still there is problem in working with Gmail. It may happen due to issues with the browser. Troubleshooting methods to fix this problem are provided below:
• Always use a compatible browser to use Gmail. Gmail works best with Google Chrome.
• The browser you are using must be up-to-date. If not, download the latest updates to it and then open Gmail.
• Clear cookies and caches from your browser. If needed, you can also delete the browsing history.
• Disable temporarily the extensions, add-ons or plug-ins added to your browser.
• Try opening Gmail with another browser if nothing else works.
• A Gmail account running out of space may also not work properly. So make sure that this is not the reason why your Gmail is not working.
• In case you have changed your Gmail password from any device, say your computer, and are trying to use if on any other device, say iPhone, Gmail won’t work in that case.
If the different ways of fixing the Gmail not working problem given above does not work for you, you can contact Gmail customer support for assistance.