How can I configure Comcast Email with Outlook 2016: How can I configure Comcast Email with Outlook 2016?
There is no doubt that the user interface and features of Comcast Email are quite simple and easy to use. However, some users may still find it a bit tricky to access their emails through traditional Comcast user interface. For such a user, Outlook 2016 can be a perfect option. With amazingly cool features and clean UI, Outlook at help you access your Comcast email account effortlessly. However, to be able to check your Comcast email on Outlook 2016, you need to set it up using IMAP or POP protocols.
Keep reading this post if you don’t know how the configure Comcast Email with Outlook 2016. Here, you will find the step by step procedure to add Comcast email to Outlook 2016 in a very detailed manner.
Precaution before setting up Comcast email on Outlook 2016
Before we dive into the steps to configure Comcast email on Outlook 2016, there are a few important things that you should note.
• Internet connection plays a most vital role in setting up an email account on Outlook. So, you should ensure that you have good internet connectivity on your PC before starting Comcast email configuration.
• While setting up Comcast.net email account on Outlook 2016, you need to enter your email address and password. In case you can’t remember the password then you should first run Comcast password recovery and then start the configuration.
How to set up Comcast email on Outlook 2016?
Let’s go through the step by step procedure by which you can easily set up Comcast email on outlook with ease.
1. First of all, you should launch the outlook program on your computer. In case you are using a mac pc then you will find the outlook application in “Finder”.
2. Next, you need to click on the “Tools” button from the top of the window.
3. In the next step, you should open the email account option by clicking on the “Email Accounts” button.
4. After that, click on the “Add a new email account” option followed by “Next” to start the account setup process.
5. Choose “POP3” and click on the “next” button.
6. Now, you have to provide your name in the appropriate field. Please note that this will be the name that will appear to everyone who will receive your emails.
7. Enter your Comcast email address in the “Email address” field. Here, you should enter your complete email address including “@Comcast.net” not only the user name.
8. Then, you need to specify the server information. Choose the “POP3” option from the drop-down menu near the “incoming mail server”. Here are the details that you have to enter.
a. Incoming mail server: mail.Comcast.net
b. Outgoing mail server: smtp.Comcast.net
9. Remember, you must choose “SMTP” in the corresponding box while entering the outgoing mail server address.
10. You have to provide your Comcast account information in the next step. Enter your Comcast username and password in the appropriate field.
11. Now, if you want Outlook to remember your Comcast email password then you should select the “Remember Password” option. In case you want your email account to be more secure then you may leave the “Remember password” option blank. However, by doing so, you need to enter your password every time you open outlook.
12. Then, you may test your Comcast configuration on outlook by clicking on the “Test Account Settings” button.
13. The setup process is almost completed. You may now give a name to your account on outlook by following the steps below:
a. Click on the “More Settings” button and open the “General” tab.
b. Under the “Mail Account” Provide a name for your account for example Kevin’s Comcast.
14. Finally, you can conclude the Comcast email setup on Outlook 2016 by clicking on the “OK” button followed by “Next” and “Finish”.
That’s all you need to do in order to add Comcast email to Outlook 2016. You may now open the inbox and check your Comcast email.
Other important points to remember
• If you are unable to send or receive Comcast email with outlook 2016 even after following the above steps then you should recheck the settings. Make sure you don’t do any typing mistakes while entering the settings.
• As you can see we have discussed only the POP settings in this tutorial. You may also choose IMAP settings if you want. IMAP settings are more suitable in case you use your Comcast email account on multiple devices. On the other hand, the POP settings are preferred for using email account on a single device.
• In case you are facing problems in setting up Comcast email on outlook 2016 using the above method then you can also seek guidance by contacting Comcast email support.