Microsoft Edge Not Working: Microsoft Edge is one of the widely used and appreciated web browsers that works fine on a number of devices and operating systems. But there are times when the users find it difficult to browser using Microsoft Edge due to one or another reason. Problem with a web browser can prevent you from using the internet and cause important work loss in turn. Microsoft Edge Not Working is the most common problems faced by the users every now and then. However, the good news is that one can easily fix the not working issue of Microsoft Edge on their own by following the right troubleshooting steps. In this article some easy ways to help the users fix this issue have been discussed.
Different Forms of Microsoft Edge not working
The not working of Microsoft Edge is not a single issue but it can come in many different forms. Irrespective of its form, the Microsoft Edge not working can hamper your work and therefore must be solved as soon as it occurs. Some of the major forms in which the Microsoft Edge not working problem can take are provided below.
* Microsoft Edge suddenly stopped working
* Unable to load web pages in Microsoft Edge
* Microsoft Edge not working properly after update
* Problem in installing Microsoft Edge on Android device
* Microsoft Edge keeps crashing on Windows 10
* Microsoft Edge not opening on Xbox One
* Repeated freezing of Microsoft Edge
* Issues while uninstalling Microsoft Edge
* Microsoft Edge became unresponsive
Possible Causes for Microsoft Edge Not Working
A plentiful of reasons can be there behind the Microsoft Edge not working problem. It is important to know the reason behind this problem so that it can be fixed in a better manner.
1. Slow internet - If your internet speed is slow, it can cause problems with the working of Microsoft Edge.
2. Problem with the browser- In case your Edge browser is not updated to its latest version, it might not work properly.
3. Issues with the device being used- Issues with your device like outdated operating system, virus infection, etc can create Microsoft Edge not working problem.
4. Conflict with third-party application: Many times, an antivirus or firewall program installed in your device can create interference with the working of Microsoft Edge.
5. Problem with browser extensions: Sometimes, an extension added to your Edge browser can create working issues too.
Easy solutions fix Microsoft Edge not working
Certain easy ways to resolve the Microsoft Edge not working issue are discussed further. These troubleshooting methods are very simple and can be applied by the users with little to no technical expertise. See these solutions one by one below.
Solve Microsoft Edge suddenly stopped working issue
In case Microsoft Edge is working fine one moment and stops the next moment, few things that the users can try to fix this are mentioned below.
1. First of all, make sure that your internet is working fine. If not, fix this to solve the working issues of Microsoft Edge.
2. All the important operating system updates must be installed in your device. If not already, you need to download and install them as soon as possible.
3. Check that you are using the current version of Microsoft Edge browser. If not, install the latest version now.
4. If using via Edge mobile app, the application should be updated to the latest version as well.
5. Try clearing cookies and caches from your browser to see if this solves the Microsoft Edge not working issue.
6. Check if your firewalls, antivirus programs, anti-spyware programs, etc are not creating interference with the Edge browser. If so, disable them temporarily.
7. If nothing else works, uninstall Microsoft Edge from your system and then reinstall it again.
Fix the Microsoft Edge crashing problem
Crashing problem mainly occurs in case the device has run out of memory. This issue can be resolved by freeing up some memory which in turn can be done by closing other unimportant tabs, extensions and applications. The different ways to free up some memory space and fix the crashing of Microsoft Edge are provided below.
* Disable the browser extensions, plug-ins, add-ons, etc that are not currently in use. Uninstalling unnecessary browser is also recommended.
* Close unnecessary tabs from your Microsoft Edge browser. If all tabs are important, you still need to close them till the crashing problem is fixed.
* If any application or program is running in your device or there is any download ongoing in your device, disable them temporarily.
* Once you have completed the three steps, reload the web page to see if the issue is now fixed.
Remove virus and malware from your device to fix Edge not working issue
If virus and malware in your device is creating problem with Edge, here’s how you can fix this (on Windows 10 device):
* Open your device and press the Start button on your keyboard or the screen.
* Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.
* For latest version of Windows 10: Go to Virus & threat protection settings > Manage settings and switch the Real-time protection setting to On.
* For previous versions of Windows 10: Go to Virus & threat protection settings and switch the Real-time protection setting to On.
Solve Microsoft Edge not opening issue
Some simple solutions that can help the users to fix the not opening issue of Microsoft Edge browser are provided here.
1. Sometimes a simple restart of your system or your browser can fix the not working issue of Microsoft Edge. Try restarting them both.
2. Search and kill all the Edge programs running in the task manger and then try to open the browser.
3. In case the website server is busy or unavailable temporarily, try opening it at a later time.
4. If nothing works and you are still facing issues, you can consider reaching Microsoft Edge support.