Reset Gmail Password : Using your username and password, you can easily gain access to your Gmail account and send and receive emails, create tasks, make notes and do much more. But what happens if you are not able to remember your Gmail password? Well, you won’t be able to login to your account and enjoy the benefits of Google account. You will need to perform Gmail password recovery in order to fix this issue. To help the users with this, s the different possible methods to reset Gmail password are provided in this article.
Different methods of Gmail password recovery
Different ways to reset the password of Gmail account has been discussed below. Users can follow any of these methods depending on their convenience.
Reset Gmail password using last known password
- The steps to reset the password of the Gmail account using last known password are provided below.
- Go to the official website of Gmail www.gmail.com and enter your email address.
- Click on the ‘next’ button and then on the ‘Forgot password?’ link.
- Provide the last known password of your Google Account and tap the ‘next’ button.
- Enter the mobile number registered with Gmail to receive a verification code.
- Enter the code received for successful verification of your account.
- You can now set a new password for your Gmail account
Reset Gmail password using registered phone number
The steps to reset the password of the Gmail account using registered phone number are provided below.
* Go to the official website of Gmail www.gmail.com and enter your email address.
* Click on the ‘next’ button and then on the ‘Forgot password?’ link.
* Tap the ‘Try another way’ button. Select a method through which you want to receive a verification code.
* Code can be received via SMS or phone call on your registered mobile number.
* A Google verification code will be received on your registered mobile number.
* Enter the verification code and follow the on-screen instructions to set a new password for your Gmail password.
Reset Gmail password using recovery email address
The steps to reset the password of the Gmail account using recovery email address are provided below.
1. Go to the official website of Gmail www.gmail.com and enter your email address.
2. Click on the ‘next’ button and then on the ‘Forgot password?’ link.
3. Tap the ‘Try another way’ button and then select ‘I don’t have my phone’ option.
4. You will be asked if you want to receive a verification code on your recovery email address.
5. Click on the ‘send’ button and a verification code will be sent on your recovery email address.
6. Enter the verification code and follow the on-screen instructions to set a new password for your Gmail password.
How to reset Gmail password if last password, registered phone number and recovery email address is not known?
Gmail password reset requires you to provide any of the last password, registered phone number and recovery email address. If you are unable to provide any of these details, Google will ask you to provide some time for account verification. In the mean time, you will need to provide an alternate email address where Google can contact you regarding the status of your account.
Change known password of Gmail account
If you know the password of your Gmail account and still want to change it for security reasons, the steps for it are provided below:
* Go to the official website of Gmail www.gmail.com and enter your email address.
* Enter your password and click on the ‘next’ button.
* Once you are logged in to your Gmail account, click on the ‘Settings’ icon.
* Under settings, go to Accounts and Import > Change account settings > Change password.
* Enter your current password and then a new password of your choice.
Tips to create a strong password for Gmail account
Some helpful tips on how you can create a strong password for your Gmail account and keep it safe are provided below.
* Make your password at least 8 to 24 characters long.
* Do not use any personal information like name, date of birth, etc as your password.
* Use combination of letters, numbers and special characters in your password.
* Avoid using same password for different accounts.
* Never repeat your Gmail password again and again.
Get Solutions How to Recover a Recently Deleted Gmail Account
Step 1 You should go to Google Account Help and click on Follow the steps to recover your account.
Step 2: Just follow the steps, enter your Email or phone number, and click "Next."
Step 3 Enter the last password you remember and next.
Step 4 You get your Gmail account success and click "Continue" to view your Gmail.
How to Restore Gmail Account Password on Iphone
Step 1 Input "chrome://settings/" on your Chrome first.
Step 2 Then, you need to select "Show Advanced Settings" at the bottom of the window to get the "Saved Passwords Management" option.
Step 3 Accounts that you have automatically logged with Chrome will be displayed in the window. You can select your Gmail account and select the "Show" in the password tab. Then your Gmail password will be displayed originally, and you can get it back.
How to secure my Gmail account?
How to Secure Your Gmail and Google Account 1 Start with a Security Checkup. Google makes checking your account security very easy: just use the built-in Security Checkup tool on your account’s “ Sign in & security ” page. 2 Use a Strong Password and 2-Step Verification. ... 3 Keep an Eye on Connected Apps, Device Activity, and Notifications
How to secure a hacked or compromised Google account?
Secure a hacked or compromised Google Account 1 Step 1: Sign in to your Google Account If you can’t sign in Go to the account recovery page, and answer the questions as... 2 Step 2: Review activity & help secure your hacked Google Account Review your account activity Go to your Google Account.
How to Secure Your Gmail Account in 4 Easy Steps
Open Your Google Account Settings. Navigate to Gmail and click on your profile picture at the top …
Resolve Security Issues. As part of an effort to help secure your account, Google offers security …
Update Password and Two-Factor Authentication. Back at your Google account's Security page, …
Assess Recent Security Activity. After you've completed Google's security checkup, made sure you're
How To Keep Your Gmail Account Secure From Hackers
Enable Gmail Two Step Verification. This is the best security measure you can take to keep your …
Use a Strong Password and Never Use the Same Passwords Online. Using a strong password is …
Track Gmail Login Activity and Sign out Remotely. Gmail lets you see last 10 logins to your Gmail …
Tweak Gmail Security Settings. There are many settings in Gmail that could affect the security
What To Do If You Are Locked Out Of Your Google Account
If there’s any unusual or suspicious activity on your Google account, it’ll lock you out so you can’t access any of its services. It may even suspend your account temporarily to protect it from abuse or fraud. There are some specific activities listed
What to do if you forgot your Gmail password?
If you feel your Gmail account is not safe, you can change Gmail account password. Still, if you forgot your Gmail account password, you can reset the password. This post provides a detailed guide for how to do it. How to Change Gmail Password on Desktop.
How to Recover a Gmail Account
Open the Google recovery page.
Enter your email address.
Enter your password.
Click Continue when prompted.
Review your account information.
Is Gmail password recovery a breeze?
Tip #1: Google® is pretty good at providing its users with the ways to recover their data, Gmail® password recovery is a breeze if you provided enough security information during account registration. The first thing you want to try is Google’s Account Recovery page.
How to recover your Gmail Account without a phone number
If you like to use Gmail Account recovery without a phone number, learn how to do it below. Table of contents: Use an alternative trusted device; Use Backup codes; Sign in with the Authenticator app; Use an alternative email address or code to secure your Gmail Account 1. Use an alternative trusted device.
Recover forgotten Gmail Old Password
If you changed your Gmail password and just remember (or some) old password, you can enter it.
Verification using a code (with two-step verification enabled for a Gmail account):
Depending on the verification methods configured for two-step verification, you can get the code from:
SMS message received from Google;
Application (for example, Google Authenticator); or Printed backup codes.
Enter the phone number used to verify if necessary.
How can I recover my Gmail password without a recovery phone number or email?
Head over to the ‘Trouble Signing In’ page, which you can find here: …
The page will ask you to enter your email. Do this, and then press ‘Next’. If you can’t remember your …
Press next, and you will be asked to enter the last password that you remember using. So, if you …
If you can’t remember any old passwords, you can also choose the ‘Try a different question’ option
Gmail Account Recovery by Date of Birth!
Accelerate Google Account Recovery by Date of Birth & Recovery Page
First, visit the website google account.
Click forgot password.
Click on the option try a different question now.
Recovery page opens.
You have to answer the questions.
How do I recover my Google account with date of birth?
Steps to recover Google account with date of birth. To recover Google account navigate to the sign in page first. In the sign in box tap on the option forgot page. You will be redirected to account recovery page. You will be asked the old password you remember
Gmail Account Recovery with https //g.co/recover Help
Enter the email or phone on the account recovery page.
Click on the Next button.
Use the phone number option if you have access to the phone number. You must enter the phone number on the account recovery page.
A text message is sent to your phone number.
Enter the text code on the account recovery page.
Another process you can use to recover the account is that you need to enter the month and year on the account recovery page.
Use any of the above options to recover the account.
Steps to recover your Gmail password without email recovery:
If you can’t remember your email, you can also click the ‘Find my account’ button which will help you find out your account email address. Press next, and you will be asked to enter the last password that you remember using. So, if you can’t remember your current password, you can move to the next step by remembering an old password
steps to get back your forgotten email password instantly. Step 1: Install Email Password Recovery Pro software. Using the Email Password Recovery Pro software now you can instantly get back password for any Email account. It is very easy to use for anyone.