How to get rid of Error 550 from AT&T Email Screen?
The random error messages can ruin the overall experience of using Email services. They can be even more annoying if you have to send an important email. One such error message is Error “550”. This error message is quite common, no matter which email service you are using. Today, we will discuss complete details about Error 550 in AT&T webmail. The users have to encounter this type of error when they try to send an email from their AT&T account.
The occurrence of Error 550 is a clear indication that there is some kind of issue with your recipient’s email address. Keep reading this post if you want to get rid of Error 550 from AT&T email screen. Here, you will find the various possible reasons why Error 550 is occurring in your AT&T email account and how you can fix it.
What are the causes of AT&T email Error 550?
As stated earlier, this error occurs due to a problem with the email account of your recipients. We have compiled a list of some possible scenarios that can lead to this type of problem.
• The email address of the recipient that you are entering is not correct.
• This error can also arise if the email addresses of your recipients are suspended. In such case, you may receive the following error message “550 [suspend] Mailbox currently suspended--Please contact correspondent directly”.
• If the person to which you are sending an email has set up email forwarding to an incorrect email address then you may face error 550 on AT&T email screen.
• The email domain of your recipient is not identified by the AT&T is also a reason behind this error.
• The messages you are trying to send via email contain spam or viruses.
You should note that apart from the above reasons, AT&T users can face Error 550 due to some other factors as well.
How can I Fix Error 550 on AT&T email?
Regardless if the reason, you can get rid of Error 550 from your AT&T email account by following some basic troubleshooting steps. Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to start troubleshooting this error.
1. First of all, make sure you are entering the correct email address of your recipients. Check for spelling mistakes very carefully.
2. If you are using AT&T on different email clients then ensure that it you are using correct SMTP settings. Confirm that SMTP server is not blocking email due to a security concern.
3. Make sure you have setup correct email address while adding your AT&T email address on email program like Outlook, Thunderbird etc.
4. Ensure that the email you are sending doesn’t have any virus or spam.
5. Contact your receivers and verify that you have the correct email address.
6. Ask your receiver if they have email forwarding option enabled in their email account. If yes, then ask them to confirm that they are forwarding the incoming email to correct email address.
7. Many a time, this type of issues can occur due to random flaws in server. In case the problem continues even after trying all the measures above then you should try again after some time.
We hope that you will get rid of Error 550 for your AT&T email account after following the above solutions. However, in some rare cases, the error may continue for a prolonged time. In such cases, we request you to get in touch with the AT&T support team and take help from the professionals.