How to eliminate AT&T Email Errors from iOS 11.1/2/3 OS Version?
Gone are the days when you have to find a computer in order to check your emails. Now, all your emails are at your fingertips as long as you have a smartphone with an active Internet connection. If you use AT&T as your primary email service provider then you check your emails on iPhone with ease. In order to do so, you may either use the web version of AT&T email or set it up on your iOS device using IMAP/ POP protocols.
AT&T email service is designed to work flawlessly on an iOS device. However, it is observed that many users are encountering various kinds of AT&T issues after updating their iOS version to 11.1/ 2/ 3. The general solutions to eliminate AT&T email errors from iOS 11.1/2/3 are presented in this post. You may try these solutions if you are also encountering the same error messages.
Why AT&T email not working properly on iOS version 11.1/2/3?
The actual reason why AT&T isn’t working properly depends upon the exact issue or error that you are encountering. However, you can check some of the common causes behind AT&T email errors as given below:
1. Flaws with your Internet connection: It is quite possible that you have an interrupted internet connection and that’s why you are facing such problems.
2. Incorrect login credential: If you are facing AT&T sign-in error then it is quite possible that you are entering an incorrect username and password.
3. Problem with browser: If you are unable to access AT&T webmail through the safari or another browser then it is probable that there is some defect with your web browser.
4. Incorrect settings: In case you use AT&T through the “Mail” app then you may face a lot of errors due to improper IMAP/ POP settings.
5. Conflict with another app: You may have to encounter many AT&T errors on iOS version 11.1/2/3 if you have an app on your iOS device that can conflict with the “Mail” app.
6. Low storage space in iPhone: It is very important to have ample storage space in order to run AT&T email account smoothly on your iOS device. In case you are running out of storage space then you become more susceptible to the issues.
Please note that the reasons stated above are just a few examples of the many more factors responsible for the AT&T errors on an iPhone.
How can I Fix AT&T email errors on iOS 11.1/2/3?
The resolution to the problem also depends upon the exact error you are facing. Let’s go through some of the common errors associated with using AT&T on iOS 11.1/2/3.
AT&T email sign-in error
If you are unable to log in to AT&T email account due to errors on an iOS device then you should check the steps below:
1. First and foremost, make sure you are entering the correct email address and password of your AT&T account.
2. In case you forgot the AT&T password then you have to reset it by running the AT&T password recovery.
3. In order to reset the password, you can either answer the security question or enter the temporary password using your phone number or alternate email ID.
4. The AT&T login error should resolve as soon as you reset the password.
Please note that the resolution to AT&T sign-in error is somewhat same regardless of the iOS version you are using.
Errors in loading AT&T email on the “Mail” app of iOS devices with iOS 11.1/2/3 version
In order to use the AT&T email account on the mail app of iOS device, it is important to know the correct IMAP/ POP settings. Here are the exact steps that you should follow:
1. First of all, make sure that your iOS device with 11.1/2/3 version is not on airplane mode.
2. Make sure that there is no shortage of storage space in your iOS device.
3. Re-check the IMAP/ POP settings. The correct IMAP settings to use AT&T email on iPhone are as follows:
a. POP/ IMAP: IMAP
b. Incoming server: imap.mail.att.net
c. Incoming server port: 993
d. SSL (Incoming server security): SSL
e. Outgoing server: smtp.mail.att.net
f. Outgoing server port: 465
g. Requires sign-in/ Authentication requirement: Yes
4. You may also try to switch to POP settings in case you are using IMAP and vice versa.
How can I get rid of Temporary errors while using AT&T email on iOS version 11.1/2/3?
There are many temporary errors in AT&T error that user can face after updating to iOS version 11.1/2/3. Some of these errors are as follows:
• Temporary Error 17
• TAE 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 14, 15, 21, or 46
• Error 'O3Farm'
• Launch FFC-1
Most of these errors don’t need any troubleshooting. They should get resolved after some time. However, if the errors persist for a longer duration of time then you should follow the steps below;
• Log out of your AT&T email account from all programs and devices.
• Clear the cache or cookies of your safari or another compatible browser.
• Close your web browser and open it again.
• Finally, sign in to your AT&T email account once again.
All the errors should vanish after following the above steps.