How to configure Comcast email on iPhone? There was a time when you have to find a computer in order to check your emails. But, with the advancement of the latest technologies, you can now access your email by using a mobile phone. This post is for those users who are looking to use Comcast email on iPhone. You should note that there is always an option to check the web version of Comcast using any browser on iPhone. However, by doing this you will not get the best user experience of using Comcast email.
For the finest experience, you should configure comcast email on iPhone using IMAP/ POP protocols. iPhones do not offer automatic configuration for comcast. So, in order to set up comcast email on iPhone, you need to enter the settings manually. Go through this tutorial to find out the most convenient method of comcast configuration on an iPhone.
Things to know before starting the configuration
Although it is very easy to configure a comcast email on iPhone, there are a few important things that you should know.
1. Make sure you have stable internet connectivity on your iPhone. The settings that you will enter need to be verified from the server. That’s why you should check your wifi or mobile data connection before starting the process of configuration.
2. Ensure that you know the correct user ID, email address and password of your comcast email account. Run the comcast email password recovery in case you don’t remember the password.
3. Check and confirm that your iPhone is not on airplane mode. The airplane mode can stop your phone from connecting to the internet so you should turn this mode off.
How can I setup Comcast email on iPhone?
You might know that iPhone do not support automatic configuration of a comcast email account. That’s why we only have the option to add comcast email to iPhone using a manual method only. Here is the exact step by step procedure that you need to follow:
1. First of all, you need to open the settings application on your iPhone.
2. Then, choose “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” from the settings menu and tap “Add Account”. Please note that you will find the “Add Account” option under the “Accounts” section.
3. Next, you have to tap on the “Other” button that will appear at the bottom of the list of available email services.
4. On the next screen, you need to tap on the “Add Mail account” button.
5. Now, provide the following information in the appropriate boxes.
a. Name: Enter your full name.
b. Email: Provide your complete comcast.net email address
c. Password: Enter the password of your email account.
d. Description: Just enter “Comcast”
6. Make sure to tap on the “Next” button from the top-right corner after entering the information.
7. Then, You need to tap “IMAP” or “POP” button and scroll down to enter the following information
a. Incoming mail server hostname: mail.comcast.net
b. Outgoing mail server hostname: smtp.comcast.net
8. Tap on “next” and then “save” to finish adding the account.
9. Now, go back to the “Mail, Contacts, Calendars" screen and tap “Account”.
10. Select the Comcast account that you have just added and tap on the “Advanced” button.
11. Tap “Server port” and enter “995” under the incoming mail server heading.
12. Tap “SMTP” under the Account screen and tap on the “smtp.comcast.net” option under the primary server.
13. Turn on the “Use SSL” option.
14. Then, you need to tap “Server port” and enter “465” under the outgoing mail server heading.
15. Finally, tap on the “Save” button to save the settings.
Now, you can open the mail app to check your email.
Note: The above steps are applicable for configuring comcast email iOS 7 on iPhone 5. In case you are using any other version of iPhone then the steps may vary.
Other Important Tips
• In this post, we have provided you the IMAP settings. IMAP settings are more flexible and easy to use. However, you may also opt for POP settings in case you face a problem with IMAP settings.
• In case you can’t send or receive email even after configuring Comcast on iPhone then you should recheck the settings. If the problem continues then you should contact Comcast support team and seek assistance.