Users can add new folder or label in Gmail account but users can’t create tab in Gmail. Default Gmail categories primary, social, and promotional tabs but sometimes users need to create a label where they can put all messages received from particular email address.
If you want to create a new label in Gmail, you can follow as steps given below:
- First of all open your Gmail account on computer.
- Open inbox.
- From the left corner, click on create new label.
- Enter a name for your label
- Click on save button
- Finally click on close.
Label folder will show right side. Next task you need to transfer emails which based on specific criteria. Users can transfer emails in two ways:
Label Gmail emails automatically
In this users need to enter specific criteria or subject line of Gmail message.
- Open inbox on your computer.
- From the left side, next to the label you want, click settings> settings.
- Click on add under the “Automatically add messages”.
- Click the down arrow in the “From field”
- Choose options as given.
- Enter a name, email address or keyword related to that email address.
- You can add multiple criteria for you label.
- After choosing all criteria, click on save button.
- Now all the messages which will match entered criteria automatically store in Label.
- Label gmail messages one by one
If you have already email messages in inbox, you can manually transfer all these emails in Label on by one.
- Open Gmail inbox on your computer.
- Choose an email message which you want to add to a new label.
- From the top right corner of the email, click More> More.
- For add the email to an existing label, click on label.
If you want to message in a new label, click on create new, type a name for your label and click on save button.