Easy Steps to permanently delete AT&T Email from iPhone 7
Basically, there are two methods by which you can use AT&T email on an iPhone 7. The First method is using the web version of AT&T through the safari browser and the other method is setting up AT&T email on iPhone using IMAP/ POP. Even though it is more convenient, using an AT&T email account via IMAP/ POP on iPhone 7 is also prone to some issues. One of the best ways to fix these issues is deleting AT&T email from iPhone 7 and configuring it once again.
Deleting the AT&T email account that is already configured on the iPhone is very easy if you know the right method to do so. In this post, we will present you the complete step by step procedure to delete AT&T from your iPhone 7. Additionally, we will also discuss the method to reconfigure it in the most convenient manner.
How to delete AT&T email account from iPhone 7?
Before we move on to discuss the steps to delete AT&T email account from iPhone, you should note that doing this will delete all the data associated with AT&T email stored on your phone. So, you should take a backup before taking actions to remove AT&T email form iPhone 7. The steps to get rid of AT&T email account are the same for all the versions of iPhone including iPhone 7, 8, X, XS.
• To start the deletion process, you need to open the settings app on your iPhone.
• After opening the settings app, you should locate and tap on the “Mail, Contacts and Calendars” option.
• Tap on the “Email” option and select “AT&T” from the list that will open. In case you can’t find AT&T then tap on the “Other” option and locate AT&T.
• Provide the login credentials of your AT&T email account.
• Please be very careful while choosing the account if you have configured multiple email account on your iPhone 7.
• Choose the AT&T email account and tap on the “Delete Account” option.
• Confirm the deletion of your AT&T email account by tapping on the “Confirm” button.
• As soon as you tap the “Confirm” button you will get “Mail successfully deleted” message on the screen.
• You don’t have to do anything else. The AT&T email account has been successfully deleted from your iPhone 7.
Steps to configure AT&T email again in iPhone7
After removing the AT&T email account from iPhone 7, you may want to reconfigure it to use your email account. Here are the steps by which you can do this.
• Run the “Settings” app on your iPhone 7 and select the “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” option.
• After that, you need to tap on the “Add Account” button in order setup AT&T email account.
• Choose “Yahoo” from the list of email service providers that will appear on your screen.
Note: We are selecting “Yahoo” because now the email services of AT&T are provided by Yahoo.
• Enter your full name in the appropriate field.
• Then, fill your AT&T email address and password in the right fields.
• After that, you need to give a short description of your account. You can give any description as per your choice but we recommend you to give an easy-to-identify description such as “AT&T webmail”.
• Tap on the “Save” button to conclude the process of adding AT&T webmail to iPhone 7.
• Press “Home” button in order to return back to the main screen of your iPhone.
• Swipe left or right on your home screen to locate the “Mail” icon. Tap on this icon to check your AT&T emails.
We hope that this post has cleared all your doubts about deleting and setting up AT&T email on iPhone 7. However, if you still have some queries then you can get in touch with the AT&T 24 hours support and take help.