Comcast email not workingThe Comcast email not working problem is one of the most common issues faced by the users that can trouble them by taking different forms. When occur frequently, this problem can be very frustrating and can also cause loss of important work. However, fortunately there are some simple methods to fix the Comcast email not working problem that can be followed by the users quite easily. To know more about the solution to this problem, please go through the complete article.
Reasons for Comcast email not working
Various reasons can be there behind the Comcast email not working issue. Finding out the actual reason behind this problem is recommended as it can help in applying the troubleshooting measures in a better manner. Some of the prominent reasons why your Comcast email might not be working are discussed below.
- There is some problem with your internet connection- Slow internet speed or poor internet connection is one of the major reasons behind Comcast email not working.
- Issue is with the browser you are using- In case you are using an outdated or incompatible browser to open Comcast email, it might not work properly.
- Conflict with third-party software in your device- Third party applications installed in your device sometimes interfere with Comcast email and create issues with it.
- Problem is with your device- Issues with your device like low disk space, presence of virus, etc ca also cause Comcast email not working problem.
- Settings issues with your Comcast email- In case you have configured your Comcast email on a mobile device, if not setup using correct settings it can show some problem.
- Server issues- In case Comcast email server is currently down in your area, Comcast email not working issue will occur.
How to fix Comcast email not working?
By knowing the correct ways, the users can fix the not working problem of the Comcast email on their own. But many users do not know the right troubleshooting method and panic once their Comcast email stops working. Such users need not to worry as they can find the solution to fix the Comcast email not working below.
Fix problems with your internet connection
- Make sure that there is no issue with your internet connection. To check this, load a webpage in your browser and if it does not load, it means problem is with your internet.
- Disconnect your router, modem and your device and then establish a new connection between them after a few minutes to solve this problem.
- If using a mobile device, make sure that airplane mode is turned off in your device and that you have a data pack active in your device.
Fix problems with your web browser
Certain basic things that the users can try to fix any problem with the browser being used to open Comcast email are provided below.
Make sure that you are using the latest version of your browser. If not so, immediately download the latest updates.
The browser you are using should be compatible with the Comcast email.
* Try clearing cookies, caches and unwanted browser history to see if this fixes the problem.
* Temporarily disable any plug-ins or extensions added to your browser.
* Uninstall and the re-install your browser to see if the problem is fixed now.
* In nothing works and problem still persists, switch to another browser to work with Comcast email.
Fix problems with your Comcast email
Certain basic things that the users can try to fix any problem with their Comcast email account are provided below.
* Make sure that you have configured Comcast email using the correct settings, if using through a mobile application. Also, the application should be up-to-date.
* There should be enough space in your email account to receive incoming mails so Comcast email receiving will not work.
* In case of Comcast email password/ login not working, you can perform Comcast email password reset.
* If the Comcast email not working error is due to server issue, all you can do is wait for this problem to be fixed on its own.
Fix problems with your device
Certain basic things that the users can try to fix any problem with the device being used to open Comcast email are provided below.
1. Make sure your device is connected to internet, there is no issue with your browser and your email account.
2. In case a third-party software such as antivirus or firewall installed in your device is interfering with the working of Comcast email, temporarily disable it.
3. Check that there is no virus in your device and if you suspect there is remove them using a good antivirus program.
4. Always keep the latest system updates installed in your device to avoid Comcast email not working issue.
How to Comcast email not working in simple methods
When it comes to configuring email on mobile, it is made very simple for the users. Setting up Google, Exchange, AOL and other accounts with Mail in iPhone or iPad. However, if you have a Comcast.net
account, then things might not be simple as they are in other cases. If you have configured Comcast on iPhone but comcast email not working on iphone, then here is the guidelines shared for proper configuration
When you find it difficult to send email from your Comcast account using your iPhone the first thing you need to do is to check the server settings. The setting to configure your Comcast account differ based on your account type, IMAP or POP3. Here’s a look at the IMAP server settings for your Comcast account:
Comcast Email Setting
* Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.comcast.net
* Incoming Mail Server Port Number: 993 (Also 143 with SSL ON)
* Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): ON
* Outgoing Mail Server Name: smtp.comcast.net
* Outgoing Mail Server Port Number: 587 (SMTP) (Also 465 SMTPS)
* SSL Encryption: checked
* Authentication: Enter Comcast username and password