I know every user is serious about their Gmail account that’s why Google introduce new feature to protect your Gmail account called 2-step verification. This feature add extra layer of security to your account. Now, I will explain how you enable the 2-step verification in your Gmail account.
1) First thing you have to go on Google’s my account page or you can simply type this link https://myaccount.google.com/. If you not signed then immediately enter your email address and sign in here.
2) Now click on sign-in security which is located at left side of the page
3) After that scroll down until you found the option of 2-step verification. Then click on get started, which is located at top right corner of the page.
4) After that you have to enter your password, reenter your password and click on sign in.
5) Now you have to enter your phone number, then choose the option by which method you want to get the code.
6) Then click on next and retrieve your code from the Google and type your code and click on next button.
7) And last click on turn on option, which enable two step verification for your Google account.