Suppose if you use your Outlook account to manage all mailing activities, similarly you can also use it to check your Gmail account as well. People can easily set up their Gmail account to synchronize email using email clients instead of browser. In this post I will let you know, how easily you can synchronize your Gmail account with outlook by the help of using IMAP.
1) For this setup you have to first sign in your Gmail account. Once you did it then enter into your mail.
2) After that click on setting icon which is located at right side of your mail. Then scroll down until you find setting option.
3) After clicking on setting button, just click on forwarding and POP/IMAP & click on enabled IMAP and save the changes.
After doing these steps it’s time to add your Gmail account with outlook. For this:
1) Open your outlook account and click on File tab option.
2) Then click on add account on account information screen.
3) In add account option, enter your name, email address and password for Gmail account twice and click on next.
4) Make sure, if this automatic process will not work then you have to go with manual setup and click next.
5) After that you have to select the POP or IMAP in choose service screen option.
6) Then new window will appear where you have to enter your name, username, password, incoming mail server (imap.googlemail.com) and outgoing mail server (smtp.googlemail.com) then click on more setting option.
7) Again a new window will appear called, internet email setting. Here you have to click on outgoing server and choose my outgoing server requires authentication and after that click on use same setting as my incoming mail server. And click on OK.
8) After that the outlook tests the account setting and once it completes then clicks on close.
It’s done! Now your Gmail address display in the account list.