Reset Outlook Password without Phone Number: If you are a bit of tech-savvy then you might know about the Microsoft outlook. It is a webmail service that is provided by Microsoft. Just like Gmail, outlook also has a huge customer base. It is a fact that a large number of users forgot their outlook password every day. This is the reason why outlook has provided a fairly simple way to recover the lost password. In case you have a phone number link with your outlook account then you can recover the password very easily. However, things can be a little tricky in case you don’t have the same attached to your outlook account. In this post, we will let you know the simple method to reset outlook password without phone number.
What are the steps to reset outlook password without using the phone number?
The outlook is very flexible as far as password recovery is concerned. However, it is compulsory for you to prove that you are the legitimate owner of the email account in order to reset its password. Let’s go through the steps given below that you can follow in order to reset the password of an outlook account without a phone number.
* To start the password recovery, you need to visit the official login page of the outlook
* On the login page you need to click on the forget password link. Alternatively, you may directly visit the Microsoft outlook account recovery page i.e., https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx.
* Then you have to provide the email address of your outlook account. Instead, you may also provide the phone number or email address linked with your Microsoft account.
* Now, the system will verify your identity. Here you need to select the option to receive a security code on your alternate email address.
* Then sign in to your alternate email address on another tab.
* Open the email that you will receive from Microsoft having the security code.
* Go to the tab in which the password recovery process is going on. Enter the security code that you have received.
* In case you enter the security code correctly then the page to create a new Microsoft outlook password will appear on your screen.
* Enter the new password again and confirm the same by entering it for one more time.
Your outlook password recovery process is over. You should know that it is not possible to retrieve the same password that you were using previously. You may only reset the same and create a new one.
How to change outlook password?
It is often recommended that we should change our password regularly to thwart hackers. The process of changing the outlook password is very easy. You just need to follow the steps mentioned below-
- First of all, you have to sign-in to your Microsoft outlook account using your phone number, email address, Skype ID and your current password.
- Once signed in, you have to find and click on the “Security” option. You will find this option at the top of the account home page.
- After that, you have to click on the “Security basics” page and select “Change my password”.
- Then, you will receive a verification code on your alternative email Id or phone number.
- Enter the code that you have received on your phone or alternative email ID depending upon the option selected in the last step.
- Click on the “Verify” button after entering the code.
- Then, on the change password page, you have to provide your current outlook password as well as your new password. Click on the “Save” button once you are done with entering the password. To check your new login credentials, you may sign-out and login to your account once again.
MS Outlook password requirement
Whenever you change or reset the Outlook password, you have to provide a new password for the same. It is recommended that you should keep the following guidelines in your mind while creating a new password.
* The length of your password should be eight characters or longer.
* Your password should be a good mix of capital and lowercase letter.
* You may also include numbers in your outlook password.
* It is also advised to use punctuation or other non-alphanumeric characters.
* Also, make sure you never share your password with anyone in any condition.