Just Help Number 1-833-295-1999 How to Setup iPhone on Gmail?The Gmail mobile app is readily available for both android and iOS users. But, do you know you can also set up Gmail on the default Mail application of iPhone? By doing this, your Gmail messages will get downloaded on your device and you will be able to send Gmail messages on the go. Basically, there are two methods to configure Gmail on iPhone i.e. either by IMAP setting or by POP settings.
Go through this post, if you want to set up Gmail account on iPhone. Here we will discuss both IMAP as well as POP3 settings to add Gmail on iPhone in a very easy way.
How can I Set up Gmail on iPhone using IMAP?
Before starting the process, you need to ensure that IMAP is enabled in your Gmail account. If the IMAP is enabled, you need to follow the steps given below:
• First of all, open settings from the home screen of Gmail.
• Tap “Passwords & Accounts” followed by the “Add Account” button.
• Then, Choose “Google” from the list of Email accounts that will display on your screen.
• Enter your Gmail email address and password in the appropriate fields.
• Turn on the “mail” toggle switch to make sure that your email account can be used. Here, you may also enable options to sync your contact, notes and calendar events.
• Finally, tap on the home button to get back to your iPhone home screen.
How to Configure Gmail on iPhone using POP settings?
Apart from the IMAP, you may also use POP settings to add Gmail to iPhone. Here are the steps that you have to follow in order to do so.
• Open your iPhone settings and tap “Password & Accounts” followed by “Add Account”.
• Choose “other” from the list of email accounts.
• Tap “Add Mail Account” and enter your name, email address and password.
• Choose “POP” and enter the following information under “Incoming mail server”
o Host Name: pop.gmail.com
o Username: Enter your full gmail email address
o Password: Provide the password of your Gmail account.
• Enter the “Gmail SMTP server settings” under “Outgoing mail server”.
o Host Name: smtp.gmail.com
o Username: Enter complete gmail address.
o Password: Enter the Gmail password.
• Tap “Save” and choose “Gmail” account just added by you.
• Tap “smtp.gmail.com” from the bottom of the page and turn on the use “SSL toggle” switch.
• Enter “465” against the server port.
• Finally, tap on the “Done” button to wrap up the process.