Steps to How to remove malware from PC?: Malicious software, or simply termed as malware, is a software (or group of software) designed to cause potential harm to your system and in worst cases can also steal your personal information. There can be different ways through which they can enter your device but the main concern is how to remove them. This article discusses the various possible ways to remove malware from PC so that the users can get rid of them whenever encountered.
1. Uninstall any malicious looking program
You can also manually remove any malicious software from your device by following the steps given below:
• Click on Start menu and go to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program.
• You can see a list of all the programs installed in your system.
• Navigate to locate any program that might look suspicious.
• Right-click on any such program(s) found and then on ‘Uninstall’.
2. Run an antimalware scan
Using a good antimalware program run a scan in your device. The scan will find all the threats in your system. Delete all the found threats and restart your system.
3. Restore browser settings to original defaults
Restoring browser settings to its original defaults can also help in getting rid of these malware. Follow the steps given below for the same.
• Open Chrome and go to settings.
• Scroll down to the bottom and click on ‘Advanced’.
• Go to ‘Reset’ and select ‘Reset’.
• Again in the confirmation box, click on ‘Reset’.
• Open Firefox and from the menu select ‘Help’.
• Click on ‘Troubleshooting Information’ > ‘Refresh Firefox’.
• Again in the confirmation box, click on ‘Refresh Firefox’.
• Tap ‘Finish’.
• Open Explorer and from the menu select ‘Internet Options’.
• Got to the ‘Advanced’ tab, and select ‘Reset’.
• Click on ‘Reset’ and then on ‘Close’.
4. Remove unwanted extensions from your browser
It is equally important that you remove the malware extensions from your browser in addition to removing malware programs from your device.