Recover AT&T Forgot Password: As the user of any other email service, remembering the password is very crucial for AT&T email users as well. But the harsh reality is that, no matter how much you try to avoid, sometimes you may have to face a problem of forgetting the email password. Nonetheless, the good thing is that it is very easy to recover AT&T forgot Password. You just need to know the correct procedure and you will be able to get your AT&T password back.
You should keep in mind that it is not possible to retrieve exactly the same AT&T password that you were using previously. Instead, you can only reset AT&T password and create a new one for your account. In case you don’t know how to reset the password of your AT&T account then this tutorial can assist you a lot. Here you will find the best method to recover AT&T password with ease.
AT&T Email Password Related Problems with Solutions
- Things to know before recovering AT&T Email password
- How can I recover AT&T forgot password using a temporary password?
- How to reset AT&T forgot password using security question?
- What are the characteristics of a strong AT&T password?
Things to know before recovering AT&T Email password
Here are the important things that you should know before initiating the process of AT&T email password recovery.
1. The password associated with your AT&T account is the same for your Access ID as well as for your email account.
2. As soon as you reset the password it gets changed for both Access ID and email account associate with it.
3. Make sure you actually need an AT&T password i.e. you need to ensure that you are not making any typing error while entering the password.
4. Also, confirm that the caps lock key is not pressed when you are providing your password at the time of signing in.
How can I recover AT&T forgot password using a temporary password?
In case you have a phone number or alternate email ID associated with your AT&T email account then you can reset AT&T password using a temporary password. Follow the steps if you don’t know how to use a temporary password to recover AT&T password.
- First of all, visit the login page of AT&T.
- Then, go to the login window and click on the “Forgot password?” link that will appear right at the bottom of the sign-in window.
- On the next page, you need to ensure that the radio button that is appearing next to “Password” is active.
- Provide the AT&T User ID and your last name in the appropriate field.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and enter the captcha code.
- Click on the “Next” button once you are done with entering the captcha code.
- Then on the next page, you need to choose the method by which you are wishing to receive the temporary password.
- Here, you may choose your alternative email ID and Phone number.
- Then, you will receive a temporary password either on your phone number or alternate email account.
- After that, you need to provide the temporary password that you have received on your phone/ email account.
- You will get the option for the creation of a new AT&T password after entering the temporary password.
- Finally, you just required to enter a new password for your AT&T email account and conclude the password recovery.
How to reset AT&T forgot password using security question?
If you are wondering how to recover AT&T password without phone number and alternate email ID then you don’t have to worry. You can do it with ease using the security questions; all you need to do is follow the steps below:
- You need to start the AT&T password recovery by visiting the official login page.
- Click on the “Forgot password?” link and provide your user ID and last name on the next page.
- Enter the captcha code from the bottom of the webpage and click on the “next” button.
- Then, you have to select the appropriate option to answer the security questions.
- After that, you must answer the security questions to the best of your knowledge.
- If your answer is correct then you will get an option to create a new AT&T password straight away.
- Then, you must provide a new password for your AT&T account.
- Finally, you may log in to AT&T email account to check your new sign-in credentials.
What are the characteristics of a strong AT&T password?
If you suspect that your AT&T email account was hacked then you should definitely try to make a stronger password after resetting it. Given below are some guidelines that you may follow to make a very strong password for your AT&T email account.
- Always try to create a longer password so that it becomes harder for someone to hack it.
- Make sure your password is a combination of letters (lower case and uppercase), symbols and numbers.
- Never use easy to guess information like your name, date of birth, etc. in your password.
- Restrict yourself from using obvious series like abcdef, 123456, qwerty, etc. in your password.
- Don’t keep the password same as your User ID.
- Always use different passwords for every account in case you have multiple email ID.
We tried to provide the most accurate information regarding the process to recover AT&T forgot password in this article. However, in case you still have any doubt regarding the AT&T email password recovery then you may get assistance through AT&T customer support.