It is quite normal for the Chrome users to face issues while working with it. The not working of Google Chrome is the most common problems faced by the users every now and then. However, the good news is that one can easily fix the not working issue of Google Chrome on their own by following the right troubleshooting steps. In this article such troubleshooting methods to help the users have been discussed. If you are also looking for a way to fix the Google Chrome not working issue, keep reading this article.
Different Forms of Google Chrome not working
The not working of Goggle Chrome is not a single issue but a can come in many forms. Doesn’t matter what form it takes, the Google Chrome not working can cause some serious troubles and hamper your work. Some of the major forms which the Chrome not working can take are provided below.
1. Issues while installing Google Chrome on mobile device
2. Unable to work on Google Chrome after update
3. Google Chrome suddenly stopped working
4. Problem loading web pages on Google Chrome
5. Google Chrome not opening on windows 10 device
6. Crashing and freezing of Google Chrome
7. Google Chrome won't open but process is running
8. Google Chrome became unresponsive
Easy step solutions fix Google Chrome not working
Google Chrome not working can create troubles by hampering the important work of the users depending on it. It is therefore important that this problem is fixed as soon as possible. Certain easy ways to resolve the Google Chrome not working issue are given below.
Fix Google Chrome suddenly stopped working
- In case you Chrome was working fine and it stopped all of a sudden, here are a few things you can try to fix this.
- First of all, make sure that your internet is working fine. If not, fix this to solve Chrome working issues.
- Try clearing cookies and caches from your browser and see if the issue is resolved now.
- Make sure that you are not using an outdated version of your Google Chrome browser. If yes, install the latest version.
- Open Google Chrome in safe mode by holding the shift key and then opening the Chrome browser.
- In case any Chrome program is running in the task manger, end the task and then restart your browser.
- Check if your firewalls, antivirus programs, anti-spyware programs, etc are updated to the latest version.
- If nothing else works, uninstall Google Chrome from your system and then reinstall it again.
Solve Chrome not working by creating a new profile
Sometimes a corrupt Google Chrome profile does not allow the users to work with this browser. To fix this problem, follow the instructions given below to create a new secondary Google Chrome profile.
* Open Google Chrome on your computer.
* Click on the Profile option available at the top right corner of the screen.
* Tap the Add button and enter a new name and photo.
* Click on the Add button. A new window will open and ask you to turn on sync.
* If you want you can turn sync on or not as per your wish.
Other ways to fix Google Chrome not working
Some simple solutions that can help the users who are unable to open a web page on the Chrome browser are provided here.
* Sometimes a simple restart of your system or your browser can fix the not working issue of Google Chrome. Try restarting them both,
* Try refreshing Chrome to see if this fixes the issue. Click on the 'Refresh Google Chrome' button available at the top of the ‘Google Chrome about: support Troubleshooting Information’ page.
* Presence of a virus in your system can create trouble with Google Chrome. To fix this, scan your system for virus and if found remove it immediately.
* Temporarily disable the extensions and plug-ins added to your browser as they can also create the not working issue.
* Make sure that not third-party app running in the background is creating problem with Chrome. If found, disable such app temporarily for the time you are working on Google Chrome.
* Make sure two different version of Google Chrome is not installed in your system. If found, uninstall the older version and then try opening the new version.
* If it still does not work and you are facing issues, reinstall Google Chrome in your device to fix this issue.