Cannot open AOL desktop in windows 10 In today’s digital age, every email client is trying its level to deliver a high-performance application that has minimum technical glitches. However, the harsh reality is that there are some problems which are quite inevitable no matter how good the software is. AOL desktop is not an exception. It is also prone to many issues that keep on occurring for time to time. One such issue is not opening of AOL desktop in windows 10. This kind of problem can occur all of a sudden and stop you from accessing AOL desktop on a windows 10 computer.
No matter what the reason is if you cannot open AOL desktop in Windows 10 then you may miss some important emails. To prevent yourself from such a dilemma you should check out the troubleshooting measures mentioned in this post.
Why AOL Desktop isn’t opening in windows 10 PC?
The thing that makes “AOL Desktop not opening” problem much more complicated is that it doesn’t have a fixed reason for its occurrence. In fact, there are multiple reasons that may result in this particular kind of problem. Here, we have compiled some of these reasons as given below.
1. Compatible Issue: In case you are using a version of AOL Desktop that isn’t compatible with Windows 10 then you might face such kind of issues.
2. Missing Windows Update: To run an application in a hassle-free manner on windows 10, you must have all the windows updates installed on your computer. Otherwise, you may found yourself encountering with problems like AOL Desktop not working or opening, etc.
3. Software conflict due to any other application: If you have any other email client installed on your Windows 10 computer then this can result in conflict with AOL Desktop.
4. Antivirus and windows firewall: Sometimes, the antivirus installed on your PC or windows firewall can also block AOL Desktop for opening proper in windows 10.
5. Improper Installation: It is possible that you might be facing problems in opening AOL Desktop due to its improper installation.
6. Insufficient RAM on your Computer: Using AOL Desktop on a windows 10 computer that has low RAM can also cause problems in opening the software.
7. Poor Internet connection: Last but certainly not the least; your poor internet connection might also be responsible for not opening of AOL Desktop on your windows 10 PC/ laptop.
How can I fix AOL Desktop not opening problem in Windows 10?
There are multiple solutions that you can try in order to fix issues related to the AOL Desktop on a Windows 10 PC. Let’s go through these solutions one by one.
1. Check your Internet connectivity
• Like all other email clients, AOL Desktop also needs a smooth internet connection to run properly.
• Check your wifi or LAN connection to make sure your PC/ Laptop has good internet connectivity.
2. Check Compatibility
• You need to ensure that the version of AOL desktop you are using is fully compatible with windows 10.
• In case you are using the incompatible version then you need to uninstall it and download the latest compatible version from the official website.
3. Make sure your PC is fulfilling the system requirement
• In case you are using the AOL version that is compatible with windows 10 and still it is not opening then you should check its system requirement.
• The system requirement for AOL Desktop Gold is as follows. Make sure your PC/ Laptop fulfills all of them.
o Processor: 266 MHz or faster
o Desktop resolution: 1024 x 768 or higher resolution
o RAM: 1 GB recommended
o Hard disk space: 512 MB at least
4. Confirm that there isn’t any software conflict
• Check the control panel of your PC and ensure that there is no such software in your computer that can conflict with AOL Desktop.
• Most of the time, you have to encounter such problems when you have multiple email clients installed on the same PC. You should remove such software and reload AOL Desktop again to see if this resolves the problem.
• The Antivirus and windows firewall applications are often responsible for blocking email clients from running properly. That’s why you should temporarily disable antivirus and windows firewall and open AOL desktop application.
5. Make sure all the windows updates are installed on your PC/ Laptop
• If the same problem is still haunting you then you should check and install all the missing windows updates.
• Move on to the next step if your windows 10 PC/ laptop is up-to-date.
6. Reinstall AOL Desktop.
• If you cannot open AOL desktop in windows 10 even after following the above steps then you should reinstall AOL Desktop.
• For doing this, you first need to uninstall AOL Desktop from the control panel and download a fresh copy from the official website.
• Make sure to check the system requirement before reinstalling the AOL desktop.
7. Reboot your windows 10 PC
• Although it is not an ideal solution to fix AOL Desktop, many a time, it is observed that a simple restart can fix many complex software problems.
• Restart your PC/ laptop multiple times and open AOL desktop again to see if the problem gets resolved or not.
We hope that you will be able to use AOL Desktop on your Windows 10 PC with ease after following the above solutions. However, if the problem continues then you should contact AOL Desktop support for further instructions.