AOL Desktop Not Working On Windows 10 AOL Desktop is one of the highly advanced email client that completely devotes itself at offering smooth experience to the users. But any amount of advancement cannot make any software completely error-free. Different issues with AOL Desktop arise from time-to-time, the not working being one of the most frequent. This problem is ever more common with the system having Windows 10. It therefore becomes important that you know basic troubleshooting to resolve this problem, whenever it arises. This article here presents the simple ways to help the users fix the ‘AOL Desktop Not Working On Windows 10’.
Possible Reasons behind AOL Desktop Not Working
Although there can be numerous possible reasons for AOL Desktop not working on Windows 10, some of the most common ones are listed below:
• Incorrect email settings: If you think, you might have configured your email account incorrectly with AOL Desktop, you won’t be able to work with it until you reconfigure with the correct ones.
• Conflict between two email clients: Open two different email clients simultaneously can cause the not working problem.
• Outdated AOL Desktop: Using an outdated version of AOL Desktop can cause issues with its working.
• Issues with third-party: Conflict with any third-party applications can create problems in working with AOL Desktop.
• Issues with the system: Issues like low system space, presence of virus, outdated system or internet issues can also cause the ‘AOL Desktop not working on Windows 10’ problem.
Solution to Fix AOL Desktop Not Working On Windows 10
Try some of these easy-to-follow troubleshooting methods to fix the not working issue of AOL Desktop on your Windows 10 system:
1. Upgrade the version of AOL Desktop
If you are using an older version of AOL Desktop in your system, you need to update it to the latest version. Since all the older version of AOL has been discontinued, you won’t even be able to open it, let alone talk about working problems.
2. Make sure no third-party app is running
Third-party applications such as firewall or antivirus running in your system can sometimes conflict with AOL Desktop causing issues while working with it. In this case, you need to find and disable any such program that is running into your system. You need to just disable such software temporarily and after you are done with AOL Desktop, you can resume such software.
3. Strengthen your internet connection
Make sure that your system has access to strong and continuous internet connection. If you are not getting the right speed in your internet connection, try switching your router/ modem off and on.
4. Work only with a single email client at a time
Conflict between multiple email clients can lead to working issues with either or both of them. To avoid this, it is suggested to open only one email client into your system at a time.
5. Fix the device related issues
• Check if AOL Desktop is compatible: For AOL Desktop to work on your system, you need at least 512 MB of free space on your hard drive. Other requirements include1 GB RAM, Internet Explorer 7+, 266 MHz or faster computer processor and screen resolution 1024 x 768 or higher.
• Make space in your system: Sufficient storage must be present in your system’s hard disk to prevent the not working of AOL Desktop. You might want to uninstall or delete the less important programs from your system to make space.
• Remove any threat from your system: Presence of harmful virus, malware, etc will not allow you to work with AOL Desktop. Run a system scan to find and delete such threats and get your AOL Desktop up and about once again.
• Update your system to latest version: Time to time, Microsoft releases latest updates for its Windows system. It consists of patches that can fix many issues with your device including AOL Desktop not working. So, make sure that all the important updates are installed in your system.
• Restart your system: Sometimes, restarting your system can help resolve many different issues. Therefore, if you are not able to fix the ‘AOL Desktop not working on Windows 10’ problem, simply restart your system to see if this helps.
6. Reinstall AOL Desktop
Uninstall AOL Desktop
• Go to the search box present on the taskbar and type Control Panel.
• Now, go to Control Panel and select Programs > Programs and Features.
• Right-click on the AOL Desktop present in the list of programs.
• Click on the Uninstall or Uninstall/Change button.
• Follow the instructions as appear on the screen to complete the un-installation.
Reinstall AOL Desktop
• Go to AOL official website and login to your account using AOL username and password.
• Click on My Services > Subscriptions.
• Next, select the Get Started button under 'AOL Desktop Gold'.
• Follow the steps given below to download AOL Desktop Gold.
• Once the file is downloaded go to Downloads folder in your system.
• Double click on the Install_AOL_Desktop icon and click on ‘Run’.
• Click on the ‘Install Now’ button to begin the installation process.
• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.