Fix AOL Desktop Not Responding : The ‘AOL Desktop Not Responding’ is one of the most common issues faced by the AOL users. Sometimes, this problem occur quite frequently creating disturbance in users’ work and frustration in their mind. Therefore, it is very important that you know basic troubleshooting to fix this problem anytime it happens. This article here provides the users familiarity with the basic troubleshooting for AOL Desktop Not Responding. However, in case you still feel any problem with this software, you can always contact the AOL Desktop customer support.
Reasons for AOL Desktop Not Responding
There can be many reasons as to why AOL Desktop might not be responding on your system. Knowing the exact reason can help you in solving the AOL Desktop Not Responding issue in a better manner. Some of the major reasons that can create problems while working with AOL Desktop are given below.
• Your system is running out of storage space
• The problem is with your internet connection
• Your system is affected by virus or malware
• Important updates are not installed in your system
• You are using older version of AOL Desktop
• There is conflict with another email client installed in your system
• Incorrect POP/ IMAP settings
• Compatibility issue is also a main reason for the AOL Desktop not responding issue
• Third-party applications in your system can also create issues with AOL Desktop
How to Resolve AOL Desktop Not Responding Issue?
Certain troubleshooting measures to help the users fix their AOL Desktop Not Responding error are explained below. Even the users with low technical expertise can follow these instructions and get their AOL Desktop working once again.
1. Make sure you have a fairly strong internet connection
A bad internet connection can make you feel that your AOL Desktop is not working and there is some issue with the software. So, before you make any efforts to fix the issue with the AOL Desktop software, make sure that there is no problem with your internet connection and your device has the access to the internet connection.
2. Your device should meet the system requirements
Make sure that your system has the following:
• 512 MB of free space on your hard drive
• Windows 7 or newer version
• 1 GB RAM
• Internet connection
• Internet Explorer 7+
• 266 MHz or faster computer processor
• 1024 x 768 or higher screen resolution recommended
3. Check the storage of system hard disk drive
A device running low on space creates many issues and can also affect the functioning of the different software installed on your system. Make sure that your device has enough disk space if you are having any problem with AOL Desktop. To make space in your device, you can delete those programs and software you do not use any longer.
4. Install latest system updates
An outdated system can create many possible issues including the AOL Desktop not responding issue. You must always install the latest updates in your system whenever you receive the notification for the same.
5. Make sure you have configured the email service with correct POP/ IMAP settings
While setting up any email account with AOL Desktop, it is very important that you only use the recommended settings. Any deviation from the recommended settings can create problems with the AOL Desktop ultimately leading to its not working. Therefore, it is very important that you know the right settings for the email account you are trying to configure on the AOL Desktop.
6. Enable only essential startup programs
When you start your computer, multiple applications start automatically. All these programs can make your computer extremely slow. It is not necessary to run all of these startup programs for the proper functioning of a computer. If your AOL Desktop is becoming unresponsive again and again, disable the startup programs that are not essential.
7. Restart your system
Believe it or not, a simple restart of your system can help you fix many issues in your device including the AOL Desktop stopped working problem. So, try restarting your system if you haven’t done this in a long time and then restart your AOL desktop.
8. Conflict with another email client
If you are simultaneously using more than one email client in your system, you will face problems with both of them. So, in this case, all you need to do is simply close one of the email clients to fix the working problem of the other.
9. Temporarily disable third-party applications
Third-party applications especially firewall and antivirus program conflict with the normal working of AOL Desktop. You can disable such programs temporarily for the time you are working with AOL Desktop to fix the not responding issue.
10. Use latest version of AOL Desktop
You may face many issues if you are using an older version of AOL Desktop. So, if you have not already downloaded the latest version of AOL Desktop, download it now. Not only this fixes the working problem, but also many Premium security features will be added to the software after it is updated.
11. System infected with virus
Make sure that there is no virus or malware in your system as this can hinder the performance of the AOL Desktop making it extremely slow. Run a system scan using a good antivirus program to find and remove these harmful threats from your computer and enjoy the smooth performance of AOL Desktop.