What is the Procedure of reading Gmail messages on other email clients through POP?
Yes, it is possible open your Gmail messages in other email clients that support POP. Microsoft Outlook is one of them. Talking about the fact, one can read his/her Gmail messages in other email clients by using IMAP and POP both. If you look into the difference in between, you’ll find IMA can be used across several devices where emails get synced in real time. Whereas, POP is used for single computer and here emails do not get synced in real time.
Below I’m sharing with you procedure of setting up POP, please have a look:
• First of all, you need to open Gmail on your computer.
• Now, you need to click Setting available in the top right.
• Moreover, hit the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
• Now go to the "POP Download" section and choose Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
• At the last hit save changes.