1-833-295-1999 How can I Setup iPhone on Wave Broadband Email? Gone are the days when you have to look around for a computer to check your emails. Now, all you need is a mobile phone with an Internet connection and your emails will be at your fingertips. Both android andiOS users can check their emails on mobile phones either via a web browser or by setting email account up using IMAP/ POP3 settings. If you are a wave Broadband Email user and want to access your email account on iPhone then this article is going to help you a lot. Here we will provide you step by step procedure to set up wave Broadband Email on iPhone.
What are steps to configure Wave Broadband Email on iPhone?
Setting up Wave Broadband Email on iPhone is very easy if you know the correct IMAP/ POP settings to do so. The step by step procedure to add Wave Broadband email to iPhone is given below:
• In the first step, you need to launch Settings on your iPhone.
• In settings, you have to find and open “Mail, contact and calendar” option.
• After that, tap on the “Add Account” button to open the list of some popular email services.
• Unfortunately, you will not find Wave Broadband email on the list. That’s why you have to scroll down and choose “other”.
• Enter the following information after tapping “Add mail account”.
o Name: Enter your name
o Email: Provide your complete Wave Broadband email address.
o Password: Enter the password of your Wave Broadband email account
o Description: Type “Wave Broadband”
• Then, choose “POP3” and fill the following information under “Incoming Mail server”.
o Incoming server: mail.wavecable.com
o Username: part of your Wave Broadband email comes before “@” sign.
o Password: enter your wave broadband password.
• Enter the information given below under “Outgoing Mail server”
o Outgoing server: mail.wavecable.com
o Username: username of your wave broadband email account
o Password: your wave broadband email password.
• Tap on the “save” button once you are done with entering the settings.
• Choose the Wave Broadband email you have just added on the next screen.
• After that, you have to select the SMTP option under the “Outgoing mail server”.
• Next, you need to select the “mail.wavecable.com” as your primary server. Also, verify that the following information is appearing.
o SSL: none
o Server port: 25
• Tap done and verify the following info. Under the advanced tab.
o SSL: none
o Server port: 110
• Don’t forget to restart your iPhone after entering the settings.
Please note that we have provided POP settings in this post. In case of a problem, you may opt for IMAP settings as well.