Yahoo not working on iPhone: Yahoo mail is one of the oldest and highly-rated email services available today. It is true that this email service has lost some of its charms in recent years; still it has millions of happy users. One of the major advantages of Yahoo mail is that works flawlessly on the iPhone. You can either use its web version via safari browser or set up Yahoo on iPhone using IMAP/ POP protocols. Although, the combination of Yahoo mail with iPhone is quite reliable sometimes it can be a bit problematic too. We can see a lot of customers posting about Yahoo not working on iPhone issue on various forums.
If you are also unable to use Yahoo on iPhone or facing an error then this post can help you out. Here, we will provide you many solutions in order to fix your Yahoo mail account on iPhone in a most effective manner.
Major Problem in using Yahoo Mail on iPhone
Apart from the general issues that occur in a Yahoo account on all platforms like forgot password, unable to sign-in, etc., there are some problems that occur mostly in iPhone. Some of these problems are as follows:
1. Yahoo mail not opening in the mail app.
2. Yahoo mail isn’t responding on safari
3. Problems like Yahoo mail not sending emails
4. Yahoo not receiving emails
5. Not able to send larger files using Yahoo
6. Yahoo stopped working after iOS update
7. Yahoo mail loading very slow on iPhone
8. Unable to download Yahoo app on iPhone
9. Yahoo mail not working with iOS 11
We have provided the above list of issues just for the purpose of giving you some examples. In fact, there are so many other problems that you may encounter while using Yahoo mail with iPhone.
How to fix Yahoo mail Not working on iPhone?
If you can’t use Yahoo mail on iPhone using a web browser i.e. safari or any other browser then you should try the following solutions.
1. The first thing you should check is your internet connectivity. Make sure that your iPhone has good wifi or mobile data connection.
2. Make sure you are using Yahoo mail on a compatible browser like Safari, Chrome etc.
3. You also need to ensure that your Yahoo email account is not blocked due to a breach of any terms of service.
4. Make sure there is no shortage of storage space on your iPhone.
5. Update your iOS software in case you are using an obsolete one
How to Setup Yahoo email on iPhone automatically?
Many a time, it is observed that the user can operate Yahoo mail on web browser perfectly but can’t use it through the iOS “Mail” app. Re-configuring the Yahoo mail account can fix this problem. In order to do so, you first need to remove a Yahoo account from iPhone and then set it up again.
Remove a Yahoo Mail account from iPhone
1. Pick up your iPhone and open “Settings” app.
2. Tap “Accounts & Passwords” from the menu that will open and select your Yahoo email account.
3. Finally, tap on the “Delete Account” to remove Yahoo mail from iPhone.
Once you are done with removing Yahoo mail from iPhone, you can set it up again using the automatic method below.
1. First of all, open the “settings” app on your iPhone.
2. Then, Tap on the “Accounts & Passwords” button from the menu that will appear.
3. After that, you need to select “Add Account” followed by “Yahoo”.
4. Provide your Yahoo email address & password and then tap on “Sign in”.
5. Here, you can disable Yahoo Mail from syncing. However, it is completely optional.
6. Finally, tap on the “Save” button to conclude the process.
Configure Yahoo webmail on iPhone using the manual method
Reconfiguring email account can surely fix Yahoo not working on iPhone issue. However, in case you encounter some kind of error in automatic configuration mentioned above then you may opt for manual settings. Here is how you can set up Yahoo mail on iPhone manually.
1. Open the “settings” application on your iPhone.
2. Select the “Accounts & Passwords” option or “Mail, contacts, calendar” in case you are using an older device.
3. Tap “Add Account” button and choose “Other” from the list that will display different email service providers.
4. Enter your complete Yahoo email address and tap on the “next” button.
5. Provide Yahoo email IMAP settings (for incoming and outgoing server) as discussed below:
Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server
• Server hostname: imap.mail.yahoo.com
• Port: 993
• SSL requirement: Yes
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server
• Server hostname – smtp.mail.yahoo.com
• Port: 465 or 587
• Requires SSL: Yes
• Authentication Requirement: Yes.
6. Enter your Yahoo email address as username and tap on the “next” button.
7. Ensure that the “Use SSL” option is on and “587” is entered as “Server Port”.
8. Finally, tap on the “Done” button to save the changes
Download and Install Yahoo Mail app for flawless service
Still, if Yahoo not working on iPhone then it seems like there is a problem in your device. Nonetheless, you can still check your Yahoo emails on iPhone through the app.
1. Open the app store on your iPhone and search for the “yahoo mail” app.
2. Locate the official Yahoo mail app from the search result.
3. Tap on the “Get” option and keep following the instructions that will appear on your iPhone screen.
4. After installing the app, you can simply sign-in to your Yahoo mail account.
5. The emails in your Yahoo email will appear as soon as you log in.
In case Yahoo isn’t working smoothly on your iPhone even after trying the solution in this post, then we recommend you to get in touch with the Yahoo support.